CAIIB EXAM DATE 2021
CAIIB 2021: Caiib 2021 dates have been announced by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF). Read the complete post to know all about CAIIB 2021 Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, and Exam Pattern.
CAIIB stands for Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers which is conducted by IIBF twice a year i.e in June and December to check the advanced ways of decision making and general banking management.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CAIIB 2021
Only the existing members of the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance are eligible to appear for the CAIIB exam. This means only in-service employees of the banking sector are eligible to appear for CAIIB. Apart from that, the candidate must also have cleared the JAIIB or PART-1 of the Associate Examination and there must not be any membership subscription in arrears.
CAIIB DATES 2021
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the CAIIB exam scheduled to be held in the month of June has been postponed. The IIBF has released the tentative dates for the exam on its official website i.e http://www.iibf.org.in/
|SUBJECT||SCHEDULED DATE||REVISED SCHEDULE|
|Advanced Bank Management (ABM)||06-06-2021||11-09-2021|
|Bank Financial Management (BFM)||13-06-2021||12-09-2021|
|CAIIB Elective Subjects||20-06-2021||25-09-2021|
CAIIB EXAM PATTERN
The CAIIB exam pattern is laid down by the IIBF which is as mentioned below –
|Mode of Exam||Online mode only|
|Total no. of questions||100 questions(each paper)|
|Duration of exam||120 minutes|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (objective type)|
|Medium of exam||English or Hindi both|
|Maximum marks||100 marks (each paper)|
|Negative marking||No negative marking|
|Type of questions||Knowledge testing
Analytical / logical exposition
***Candidates can attempt the examination in either Hindi or in the English language, and should clearly mention their choice of the medium at the time of registration of application. There is no provision to change the medium at a later stage.
As per IIBF, the passing criteria of the exam is as given below:
- Minimum 50 marks must be secured out of 100 in each subject.
- Securing a minimum of 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% in all the subjects in a single attempt is also qualified as completing the examination.
- Credits for the subject passed in an attempt can be retained by the candidates till the expiry of the time limit.
TIME LIMIT FOR PASSING THE EXAM
- After registration, the candidates will be allowed to appear in the exam of CAIIB for a maximum of two years i.e (in 4 consecutive attempts). After that, the candidates will not be allowed to appear in exam as per the CAIIB 2021 exam pattern.
- A time limit of 2 years will start from the date of application for the first attempt. After the enrolment, attempts will be counted whether you attempt or skip the exam.
- The candidates will be allowed to hold the credit for the next attempts in the subjects which they will clear.
- The registration of CAIIB 2021 will be valid for two years, after that the candidates will have to re-register for the CAIIB 2021 exam.
CAIIB EXAM SYLLABUS
There are two compulsory subjects in CAIIB exam, namely –
- Advanced Bank Management
- Bank Financial Management
These two exams have to be attempted by each of the candidates.
Apart from the above 2 compulsory subjects, the candidates can select any one of the following subjects as an elective subject for the exam of CAIIB exam 2021. The list of CAIIB 2021 exam elective subjects is as given below:
- Rural Banking
- Retail Banking
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Central Banking
***There is no exemption in any of the subjects for prior qualification.
Read Also:- How to Clear CAIIB in One Attempt ??
Both the compulsory and the elective paper are further divided into various Modules.
For a Detailed CAIIB 2021 syllabus click here –
HOW TO APPLY FOR CAIIB EXAM 2021
Application for examination should be registered online from the Institute’s website www.iibf.org.in The schedule of examination and dates for registration will be published on IIBF website.
The application form for the CAIIB exam 2021 has been made available on the official website of IIBF from April 1, 2021.
Candidates can fill the application form for the CAIIB exam by following the steps given below:-
- Visit the official website of IIBF http://www.iibf.org.in/
- Select the option of the Notification bar on the home page of the IIBF website.
- Now click on the option of CAIIB application form 2021.
- Log in with your membership number and password.
- Now, fill in the basic details of the candidates, exam center, medium of the exam, and mode of the exam.
- Preview the application form and click on submit and proceed.
- Select the payment option (credit/debit card, net banking) and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
- On completion, take out the print of the fee receipt and registration form for future reference.
CAIIB EXAM 2021 FAQs
- What are the minimum qualifying marks for CAIIB 2021?
The candidate is required to score a minimum of 50 out of 100 marks to be considered qualified in the subject.
- Is there any negative marking in the CAIIB exam 2021 as per the exam pattern?
No, there is no provision for negative marking in the exam for wrong answers.
- What is the application fee for filling the CAIIB exam 2021 application form online? Will the fees of the CAIIB exam 2021 application be refundable?
The application fees for all the category candidates to fill the application form of CAIIB exam 2021 is as given below:
- First attempt– Rs. 3,000 /-
- Second attempt– Rs. 1,300 /-
- Third attempt – Rs. 1,300 /-
- Fourth attempt – Rs. 1,300 /-
The fees of the CAIIB exam 2021 will be non-refundable whether the candidate will appear in the exam or not.
- How many papers are there in the CAIIB exam?
There are total of 3 exams in the CAIIB exam 2021 out of which two are compulsory and one is elective.