CAIIB NOVEMBER SYLLABUS 2022
In this article, we will talk about the latest CAIIB November Syllabus 2022 including all the subjects of ABM, BFM, and Elective exam subjects like Information Technology (IT), Human Resource Management (HRM), Rural Banking, Retail Banking, Central Banking, and Risk Management.
CAIIB is one of the most premium flagship courses offered by IIBF. CAIIB is held twice a year. CAIIB Exam 2022 will be held in November as June slot has already been done with. CAIIB exam nov 2022 includes two mandatory exams – ABM and BFM; and one elective exam which you can choose from the six subjects which are:
- Information Technology
- Retail Banking
- Risk Management
- Rural Banking
- Central Banking
Since the CAIIB exam nov 2022 is one of the toughest nuts to crack we would like to help you out in your preparation for the CAIIB 2022 exam by providing you with our carefully designed CAIIB study material nov 2022 which includes the CAIIB November Mock Test 2022 also for you to get the hang of the questions.
So, before you begin with your preparation you need to know the latest nov CAIIB syllabus 2022. Nov Syllabus 2022 for all the subjects has been described below.
CAIIB ABM November Syllabus 2022
Module A: Economic Analysis
- Basic concepts in economics
- Indian Economy: Overview, highlighting current improvements to the Indian economy, Interaction of India’s monetary, fiscal, and exchange rate policies
- Financial markets, including the money market, capital market, foreign exchange market, and the effects of globalisation upcoming obstacles, financial services, current problems
Module B: Business Mathematics
- Techniques for collecting samples, data presentation, analysis, and interpretation of sample data, as well as the testing of hypotheses. Net present value, discounted cash flow, and the time value of money.
- In time series analysis, words like mean or standard deviation, correlation, regression, covariance and volatility, and probability distribution are all utilised.
- Analyze the confidence intervals to determine the distribution’s parameters.
- Duration and modified duration are used in bond valuation.
- utilising spreadsheets for statistical analysis, modelling, and decision-making
Module C: HRM in Banks
- HRM-Fundamentals of HRM.
- Human implications of organizations
- Performance Management and Appraisal Systems
Module D: Credit Management
- Ratio Analysis
- Structuring a Credit Proposal
- Credit Rating
- Term Lending
- Dealing with credit defaults
- Disclosure of the list of defaulters
Read Also: FREE ABM MOCK TESTS
CAIIB BFM November SYLLABUS 2022
MODULE A: International Banking
This unit covers the basics of forex derivatives, including forward exchange rate contracts, options, swaps, correspondent banking, and non-resident Indian accounts. It also covers the factors that influence exchange rates, including spot and forward rates, direct and indirect quotations, premium and discount rates, and cross rates.
MODULE B: Risk Management
The terms “risks in banks,” “risk management framework,” “organisational structure,” “risk identification,” “risk measurement or sensitivity,” “downside potential,” “value at risk,” “stress testing,” and “back testing,” as well as “risk monitoring & control,” “risk reporting,” and “methodology of rating,” “risk weights,” and “eligible collateral for mitigation,” are all used to describe various types of risk.
MODULE C: Treasury Management
- The Concepts and functions related to treasury management; instruments that are dealt in the treasury market, development of new financial products, control & supervision of treasury management, the linkage of domestic operations with foreign operations.
- Interest rate risk, interest rate futures, Mix/ Pricing of Assets, Liabilities, On-Balance Sheet
MODULE D: Balance Sheet Management
This chapter covers the following topics: Assumptions, Gap Analysis, Mechanics and Limitations, Illustrations of Actual Gap Reports, The Relationship b/w Gap & Income Statement; Funding Liquidity; Implementation of “Basel Norm’s Guidelines: RBI Guidelines; Banks Balance Sheet, Balance Sheets Components of Assets and Liabilities; ALM Implementation (Application Lifecycle Management).
Read Also: FREE BFM MOCK TEST
ELECTIVE PAPER 1 – CAIIB NOVEMBER SYLLABUS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Module A: Information Technology Overview
- Packaged software,
- The Impact of Information Technology on Banking
- Operating Systems
- Network equipment
- Data communication
- Computer Networks
- Equipment and Data Communication
Module B: System and Design
- Data modelling includes Semantic Data Modeling, Generic Data Modeling, and Design and Analysis of Systems Entity Relationships.
- Business intelligence tools include Expert Systems, Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Grid Computing, Virtualization, and Consolidation.
Module C: Application in Banking
- Data Downloads and Uploads, Bandwidths, Data Centers, Data Storage Devices, Data Backups and Restoration, Disaster Recovery Facilities, Core Banking Systems, Database Administration, Application Servers, Secure Electronic Transfer (SET), Payment Gateways (Credit/Debit Cards), Payment Authentication, and other issues pertaining to e-commerce.
- RA, CCA, CA ATMs, EFTPOS, Phone Banking, Internet Banking, SMS Banking, Mobile Banking, Credit/Debit Cards, Smart Cards, E-Mails, and SMS Alerts are a few examples of delivery channels. Examples include the non-repudiation of Origin and the non-repudiation of Receipt.
Module D: Security, Control, and Guidelines
Delivery and Support of IT Services Practices for Service Level Management Workload planning, network services management, and preventative maintenance are a few examples of operations management. Procedures, techniques, and strategies for performance monitoring of hardware, software, and databases. planning, capacity monitoring, and the creation of RFPs, system specifications, and service level agreements (SLAs).
Read Also: CAIIB IT MOCK TEST | CAIIB EXAM PREPARATION
ELECTIVE PAPER 2- NOV SYLLABUS RETAIL BANKING
Module A: Introduction to Retail Banking Paper
History and definition, as well as the significance it plays in bank operations The distinction between Retail and Corporate/ Wholesale Banking in terms of the applicability of retailing concepts.
Module B: Retail Products
- Retail products overview
- Personal loans
- Home Loans
- Credit/ Debit Cards
Module C: Retail Product Marketing and Sales, MIS & Accounting
- Strategies for Retail
- Channels of Distribution
- The Selling Process in Retail Products and How Direct Selling Agents Work
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Module D: Other challenges relating to securitization in retail banking and mortgage-backed securities
- Retailing trends
- Banking on the Internet
Read Also: FREE RETAIL BANKING MOCK TEST
ELECTIVE PAPER 3- NOV SYLLABUS HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Module A: Human Resource Management
- Fundamentals of HRM
- Organisational Change and Development
- HRM in Banks
Module B: Building an HR Strategy
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Performance Appraisal System
- Recruitment, selection, placement, and promotion are all aspects of manpower planning.
- Organisational Communication:
Module C: Motivation, Training, and Skill Development
- Human implications of organisations include things like learning and teaching, learning processes, employee behaviour, theories of motivation and their practical applications, motivational strategies, reward and incentive programmes, job enrichment, and job rotation, to name a few.
- Training techniques, content areas, bank-specific training infrastructure, training outsourcing, and on-the-job training Friction between operations and training must be handled due to manpower constraints.
Module D: Personnel Management and Industrial Relations
- Personnel duties; legal facets of personnel duties; trade unionism; industrial relations; personnel duties grievance redress and discipline; mechanisms and processes
- Discipline management, including domestic inquiry; role of management and functions; conflict management and resolution; bank frauds; risks associated with delegating financial powers.
Read Also: TRADITIONAL ROLE OF HRM IN BANKS
Elective Paper 4- NOV SYLLABUS RISK MANAGEMENT
Module A: Risk Management
- An Overview of Risk Management:
- Asset Liability Management (ALM)
- Risk measurement & Control
- Risk management Concepts
Module B: Credit Risk Management
You are introduced to ideas like Basel Norms, the Three Pillars of Basel, and Capital Requirement for Operational Risk through Credit Risk Management. techniques for calculating capital needs, techniques for calculating capital needs, Risk assessment and costing, a plan for managing risk, RBI’s risk management guidelines, Credit risk technique that is standardised, Advanced Credit Risk Approach, Design of the credit rating, credit scoring, and rating systems
Module C: Operational Risk
Operational Risk Introduces RBI Guidelines, Basel Norms, operational risk types that are likely to occur and factors that could significantly raise operational risk, Sound Principles of Operational Risk Management, SPOR – policy requirements and strategic approach for ORM, measurement, control/mitigation of operational risks, SPOR identification. ORM organisational setup and key responsibilities.
Module D: Market risk
This market risk unit covers terminology definitions, Basel norms, liquidity and interest rate risk, foreign exchange and price risk (equity), commodity risk, Basel standardised duration method application, internal measurement technique (VaR), and more.
Module E: Risk Organization and Policy
Your attention will be drawn to risk organisations and policies in this unit, such as risk management policies, credit policies, interlinkages to Treasury, ALCO, etc.
Read Also: CAIIB – RISK MANAGEMENT MOCK TEST 2022
ELECTIVE PAPER 5- NOV SYLLABUS RURAL BANKING
Module A: Rural India
- Demographic features of Rural India
- Economic Features
- Rural infrastructure
- Agriculture Economy
- Rural Development Policy
- Rural Issues
Module B: Financing Rural Development
- Financing Rural Development
- Rural Credit Institutions:
- Financing agriculture/ allied activities
- Financing Rural Non-Farm Sector (RNFS)
- SME Finance
Module C: Priority Sector Financing and Government initiatives
- Government initiatives and financing for priority sectors
- Governmental programmes: The rationale and philosophy behind these programmes, their progress and impact, problems and deficiencies are some of the things you will learn about in this unit. It is in relation to poverty alleviation programmes, employment programmes, or production-oriented programmes.
- Here you can find information on rural and urban housing schemes that fall under the priority sector, their refinancing, and rural sector educational loans.
Module D: Problems and prospects in Rural Banking
- Role of rural banking
- Emerging trends
ELECTIVE PAPER 6- NOV SYLLABUS CENTRAL BANKING
Module A: Rationale and Functions of Central Bank
- Evolution and Functions of Central Banking
- Functions of a Central Bank
- Contemporary Issues
Module B: Central banking in India
Reserve Bank of India:
- RBI’s Organizational evolution, Constitution and Governance, Major organizational and Functional Developments over time, Recent Developments, RBI Act are some of the things in this unit.
- India Specific Issues
- Glossary of Central Banking Terms.
Module C: Monetary Policy and Credit Policy
- Monetary Policy policy Transmission.
- Credit Policy
- An overview of Fiscal Policy.
- Striking balance between inflation and growth through monetary and fiscal policies.
Module D: Supervision and Financial Stability
- Indian Financial System Constituents of Indian Financial Markets and their Regulation.
- Financial Stability, Linkage to International Financial Stability, International standards and codes. Role of Supervisor under Basel Norms.
Now that we are done going over the syllabus we would like to tell you about the various services that we offer in our CAIIB study material 2022 :
- Video lectures which can be recorded
- Notes in the form of ePDFs
- Mock tests which can be solved upto 5 times
- Experienced tutors
- 4000+ questions for you to solve.
Hope this article about CAIIB November Syllabus 2022 was useful to you.
Message any query or to know the best offers on the CAIIB or other Certification Exams
You can also join us on
All the Best for your Exams!
Team: Learning Sessions