WOULD IT BE EASIER TO CLEAR CAIIB IN 2023? TIPS & TRICKS.
Today we will discuss whether it’s going to be easier to clear CAIIB in 2023 or not under the Revised CAIIB Rules & Syllabus.
So, the most asked question among the bankers, right now, is: Will it be easier to crack CAIIB in June 2023 & onwards?
Bank Financial Management - BFM Syllabus Priority
110+ CAIIB Case Study Videos
ABM BFM Retail Previous Year Questions
Get Tests Here
Full Course Videos in Hindi English
Hey, future CAIIBs!
Hopefully, you are doing fine after the intense Exam season you have endured in 2022. If haven’t felt the pressure last time then surely these upcoming changes of Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers will show you their might.
My intention is not to scare you but seeing the revised scheme of CAIIB for the June 2023 Exams, one thing is clear IIBF is expecting the new entrants to CAIIB to pull their weight through the New Rules with all their power.
You can understand the same from the fact that IIBF:
- has replaced added 2 new compulsory papers, namely: Advanced Business & Financial Management, Banking Regulations and Business Laws making the paper count 5.
- The paper on Retail Banking has been removed from the CAIIB 2023 Elective Syllabus.
- Some numerical MCQs might also not have options to select from. In that case, candidates will have to solve & enter it manually.
It does seem like Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers is going to be tougher.
But is CAIIB really going to be tougher than before?
Let’s examine this question in detail!
- IIBF has introduced 2 new Subjects in CAIIB 2023.
Well, the subjects introduced in the new Syllabus of Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers are: Advanced Business & Financial Management, and Banking Regulations and Business Laws
- Compulsory paper no. 3 i.e. Advanced Business & Financial Management contains 4 modules that are named:
- Module A: The Management Process
- Module B: Advanced Concepts of Financial Management
- Module C: Valuation, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Module D: Emerging Business Solutions
And Compulsory paper no. 4 i.e. Banking Regulations & Business Laws has been introduced from the JAIIB old Syllabus paper, named, Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking. This module contains:
- Module A: Regulations and Compliance
- Module B: Major acts/Banking Operations: Legal Aspects and laws (Part A)
- Module C: Major Acts/Banking Operations: Laws & Legal Aspects ( Part B)
- Module D: With reference to Banking Operations Commercial & Other Laws
- Another change that has been made is in paper no. 1 of CAIIB 2023 i.e. in Advanced Bank Management.
2 new Modules have been added:
- Module A: Statistics
- Module D: Compliance in Banks & Corporate Governance: Audit, Governance structure, a framework for identification, fraud and vigilance etc.
And 2 old modules have been removed, namely:
- Module A: Economic Analysis
- Module B: Business Mathematics
- From the face of the two papers, we can see that Paper no. 3 (ABFM) is a practical paper; & Paper no. 4 is a theoretical paper & the same has been introduced here with some alternations from the old JAIIB syllabus…. So, things are not that bad.
- Now, let’s take a look at the elective papers: Retail Banking has been removed from the CAIIB Syllabus 2022. So, now the candidates have the option of 5 papers to select one paper as per their choice.
- One another elective paper: Information Technology now includes one major dimension of the previous Elective paper on Retail Banking i.e. Digital Banking. And thus, renamed, to Information Technology & Digital Banking.
The new module added or better say ‘amended’ is:
- Module D: Information System: Security, Controlling and monitoring and Auditing
The rest of the modules are the same & in Module D, there has been the addition of the matter of Audit.
- We have 2 compulsory new subjects in the new Syllabus of CAIIB 2023
- 2 papers have been amended.
- 1 elective paper option from old subjects has been removed with
- And on further examination there have been some other changes:
The other changes that have been bought into the CAIIB Revised syllabus 2022 are discussed in the below lines:
- The CAIIB registration period has been extended from 2 years to 3 years
- The no. of attempts available to Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers is also increased from 4 to 5.
- Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers candidates can now sit for 5 attempts & that too non-consecutively.
- A deduction of 0.25 marks will be given for 1 mark MCQs.
Let me state the question again: Will it be easier to crack CAIIB in June 2023 & onwards?
So, considering all the above changes in no. of papers of CAIIB, markings, and modules, we can say that IIBF has tried to make the CAIIB Exams 2023 at par with the professional demand of the flagship course and made it a bit more difficult. It won’t be a lie if I were to say that it’s not difficult but that doesn’t mean it can’t be passed with ease.
So, again was the Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers under the old syllabus ever easy?
There are only 2 things that are noticeable in the CAIIB Exam Rules & Syllabus 2023:
- Entirely 2 compulsory new papers, otherwise, the rest of the papers are almost the same.
- The negative marks that can take up your chance of passing Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers.
The WORST-CASE SCENARIO could be:
Candidates will have to compulsorily correctly answer 50 questions, & without getting the other 50 MCQs wrong.
In the 100 marks paper, if one scores 50 MCQs rights = 50 marks & simultaneously, answers 50 MCQs wrong– it will lead to a deduction of 12.5 marks, making the total in 1 paper – 37.5 & which is below the minimum marks required to pass.
The only way to avoid failure in CAIIB 2023 is to answer the questions right.
So, raise your hackles bankers, IIBF is ready with its agni priksha, hotter than hell!
But that must not scare you since we’re here to help
HERE ARE SOME TIPS & TRICKS TO PASS CAIIB 2023 EXAMS!
- COACHING CLASSES: Even though self-study is an option but due to time shortage, candidates are recommended to take up coaching classes. Online CAIIB classes can be an immense help in covering the Revised CAIIB Syllabus 2023. Taking help in understanding the concepts is also pocket-friendly.
You can take up CAIIB’s Latest Classes for 2023 Exams available at the most reasonable prices! They cover the full syllabus & that too in a short time, without wasting the time.
- SYLLABUS COVERAGE: Candidates need to cover the whole syllabus & can’t just mess around with the topics. They should be fully & thoroughly revised.
- REVISION: Just reading & understanding the questions is no longer enough. CAIIB candidates will need to retain the concepts of the new topics & syllabus to correctly remember the concepts to answer correctly.
- REGULAR STUDY: Unlike in previous attempts, candidates have to do regular study & avoid last-day preparations. To be able to retain staff, regular practice & study are necessary.
- PRACTICE: You need to have a lot of practice. This time onwards, you have to attend the CAIIB classes on time & as there is going to be negative marking, so solving mock tests is one of the essential elements to get success. Learning Sessions have a long series of Mock Tests 2022 to provide you ample opportunity to practice.
IIBF | LATEST CAIIB COACHING CLASSES | JUNE 2023
Any exam can be cracked with good practice. And you can find the best of the Study Materials whether its, online CAIIB classes, CAIIB mock tests or notes, it’s all available with Learning Sessions at the most reasonable prices.
The expert faculty of the LS in-house team have good experience in the banking exams’ coaching & you will find their lectures very easy to understand & retainable!
You can join or Contact us for any query here: Contact Link