BANK DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIES
This article is on the digital banking topic that falls under the syllabus of IIBF CAIIB Exams for Dec 2023.
Hey future CAIIBs!
Bank Financial Management - BFM Syllabus Priority
110+ CAIIB Case Study Videos
ABM BFM Retail Previous Year Questions
Get Tests Here
Full Course Videos in Hindi English
ABFM and BRBL Courses now available
How have you been? Hopefully doing all the study you need to pass this upcoming Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers attempt.
Today, we will discuss one of the most important topic from your CAIIB DEC Syllabus of Digital Banking that falls under the subject of Retail Banking. So, lets begin with the notes already.
(And do check out the latest CAIIB Lectures available to specially crack the NOV / DEC 2023 attempt of CAIIB available at the IIBF Learning Sessions application: Android: IIBF LEARNING CENTER & iOS: My Institute (Code: gegkt))
IIBF | DIGITAL BANKING
It’s no secret that the Internet has dramatically changed the banking industry. Your customers and prospects search for answers to their financial questions by watching YouTube videos, routinely conduct financial transactions using their smartphones, search Google to find the best interest rates, and know a lot about your bank through social media. With so many online channels now available to connect with customers and prospects, it is critical that your financial institution implements an effective digital strategy.
DIGITAL MARKETING FOR BANKS
Digital Marketing is an effective way for businesses of all sizes to reach prospective customers & its Trends for Banks in 2023 have been:
- Increasing Push for Competitiveness
- Machine Learning
- Sophisticated Search
- Experience & Engagement
Not only that but if a business is not on platforms like Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, then banks are losing out!
Great digital marketing can bring remarkable success to a business, create loyal brand advocates, and even increase leads and sales.
MARKETING STRATEGIES TO REDESIGN YOUR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE AS PER CUSTOMERS’ TASTES:
- Posting images, videos, stories and live videos that represent your brand and attract relevant audiences.
- Responding to comments, likes and shares and monitoring your reputation on social media platforms.
- Tracking and engaging followers, customers and influencers to build a community around your bank.
It may also includes paid social media advertising where you can pay to get your business in front of a large number of highly targeted users.
Example: Take a look at how HDFC promoted PayZapp.
It created a 28-second video with a famous celebrity, showing how users can make use of PayZapp in their daily lives in a very relatable and entertaining manner.
BENEFITS OF DIGITAL MARKETING
With such widespread use and versatility, social media is one of the most effective free channels for marketing a business today.
Here are some specific advantages of social media marketing:
- Humanizes the banking business: Social media allows to turn a business into an active participant in your market. A profile, posts, and user interactions create an approachable persona that audience can get to know, connect with, and trust.
- Increase Brand Awareness & Reach: The visual nature of social media platforms allows to build the visual identity across wider audience and improve the brand awareness. And better brand awareness means better results for all other campaigns.
- Lead to Customer Generation & Loyality: One can also generate leads and conversions directly on these platforms through features like: Instagram or Facebook shops, direct messaging, call-to-action buttons on profiles.
- Build relationships: These platforms open up direct and indirect lines of communication with followers through which one can network, get feedback, have discussions and connect directly with individuals.
The larger and more engaged public is, the easier it will be for one to achieve your banking goals.
The basics of a successful marketing strategy: All banks rely on digital marketing to generate new leads.
A successful marketing strategy will look different for every business, but here are some things banks’ have in common:
- Knowing your customers: What platforms they use, when they go there and why, what content they like, who else they follow, and more.
- Your Bank Identity: What is the message or ideas you want to convey to your audience? How do you want your audience to feel when viewing your content?
- Don’t sell but educate: While there is a certain amount of spontaneity on social media, you will need a structured content strategy in order to have a consistent voice and produce quality content on a regular basis.
- Tell customer stories: Quantifiable insights will inform you of your strategy, including who you’re reaching, the content you want to share, the best times to post and more.
- Animate your data: Social media is one real-time platform & to use it to grow your banking business, you need to post regularly, keep track of interests in your business, engage back, keep up with trends, and maintain accurate profiles.
- Invest in quality, not quantity: Don’t use social media to showcase your business. Focus on adding value through useful and interesting content and building the people around you.
In today’s era of instant gratification, banks need to up their game to create an ‘omnichannel’ presence where they can offer their customers a seamless 24/7 experience. It is also necessary to simplify financial transactions and make them available online so that your clients or potential clients do not jump through hoops, which can significantly improve your customer satisfaction.
CRACKING RETAIL BANKING IN ONE ATTEMPT | 2023
This was about Digital banking for CAIIB exams today. If you want to understand or learn more about Digital marketing & Retail banking for your Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers paper, then call/whatsapp us: 8360944207 for latest 2023 materials or mock tests or download our apps (the link of apps is provided at the beginning of this article).
There is one more thing that you can take advantage of i.e. Free Online YouTube Marathon series that are conducted by Learning Sessions faculty on YouTube channel – Learning Sessions.
This is it. Do comment & share the article with your fellow colleagues & spread the word & goodness.
All the best for your Retail Banking Exams!