What next after JUNE / NOV / DEC CAIIB 2022?
If you have cleared your JAIIB & are planning for CAIIB but don’t know what to do after that or if you have cleared CAIIB & are thinking of what to do now to progress in your career then this article is for you!
In this article, we will cover 15 Certificate Exams in Finance and Banking which are very useful for Bankers.
As per the IBA settlement, bankers who have passed JAIIB and CAIIB exams are entitled to salary increments. The Banks which are following the IBA Salary structure are giving this benefit to their employees. After passing JAIIB, Clerks are eligible to receive one increment and Officers are also eligible for one increment. Passing the CAIIB examination gives two increments to clerks while officers get one increment in their salary. Apart from these flagship exams of IIBF, there are other Certificate Exams in Finance and Banking which are very helpful for the development of bankers’ knowledge & career.
What’s next after CAIIB 2022?
I know and have felt your struggles and endeavors to pass the CAIIB for getting those hard earned increments. But now that you have completed the CAIIB; your salary has increased and you have rejoiced for your success. Although one must understand the fact that there is no ending for knowledge gathering in our banking industry.
Our banking industry is vast and it is very dynamic & liable to change & ‘Change’ is the only constant. We need to update ourselves regularly. Also, we have to expand our knowledge to other related areas of work, so, that we have our chances in Banking Industry.
Institutions such as IIBF, NISM, and NCFM are providing many useful Certificate Exams in Finance and Banking for the development of knowledge to bankers. Among them, 15 Certificate Exams in Finance and Banking are very useful for bankers, and the persons who cleared CAIIB must try to clear these exams. You can refer the below list for that:
List of Certificate Exams Offered by IIBF in Banking :
Indian Institute of Banking & Finance is offering many Certificate courses for benefit of Bankers, IT Employees, and BPO Companies. The following courses are important and useful certificate courses for bankers.
Important Specialized Courses by IIBF:
Based on the recommendation from RBI Capacity Building Committee, IBA has identified the following blended courses offered by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance. The specialized courses have been made mandatory for bankers working in those specialized areas from 01.04.2018
1. Areas where certification has been identified by RBI: Risk management – credit risk, market risk, operational risk, enterprise-wide risk, information security, liquidity risk
IIBF Course & IBA identified: Risk in Financial Services
2. Areas where certification has been identified by RBI: Treasury operations- Dealers, Mid office operations
IIBF Course & IBA identified: Certified Treasury Dealer
3. Areas where certification has been identified by RBI: Credit management- credit appraisal, rating, monitoring, credit administration
IIBF Course & IBA identified: Certified Credit Officer
I have written a separate detailed article for the above courses. Read 4 Important Capacity Building Courses must which Bankers must do.
Other Useful Certification Courses
- MSME Finance For Bankers
- Certificate Exam in AML/KYC
- Certificate In International Trade Finance,
- Certificate Exam in Customer Services and Banking Codes & Standards
- Certificate Exam in Foreign Exchange
- Certificate In International Trade Finance
- Certificate Examination In Information System Banker
- Certificate Examination in AML/KYC
- Customer Service & Banking Codes and standards
- Certificate Examination In It Security
- Certificate Examination In Rural Banking Operations
- Certificate Examination In Prevention Of Cyber Crimes And Fraud Management
- Certificate Examination In Foreign Exchange Facilities For Individuals
- Certificate Examination In Microfinance
- Card Operations (for Employees of I.T. and BPO Companies)
- Functions of Banks (for Employees of I.T. and BPO Companies)
- Basics of Banking (for Employees of I.T. and BPO Companies)
- Certificate Examination For DRA
- Certificate Examination For DRA Telecallers
- Business Correspondents / Facilitators
- Certificate Course In Foreign Exchange
- Certificate Course In Digital Banking
- Introduction to Banking(for sub-ordinate staff of banks)-IN ENGLISH AND HINDI MEDIUM
- Certificate Course for Non-Banking Financial Companies
- Certificate Examination For Small Finance Banks
Important Topic:- All about KYC/AML Exam by IIBF
List of Certificate Exams offered by NISM:
National Institute of Securities Market (NISM) also conducts various certificate exams for persons who engage in various segments of the Indian Security Market. Almost all commercial Banks are providing DP services to their customers. So, as a banker we need to know about Security markets. SEBI has mandated the NISM series exams as per the following modules for Derivatives:
- Currency Derivatives
- Equity Derivatives
- Depository Operations
- Merchant Banking
- Mutual Fund Distributor Module
Each module has series of examinations and passing them makes us specialized in Securities Market. For more details about examination fees and procedure you can visit NISM Certifications
Important Topic:- CCP – Certified Credit Professional Exam Study Material
List of Certificate Exams offered by NCFM
NSE Academy Certification in Financial Market (NCFM) conducts exams to test the expertise in different fields of the Financial Market of the examinees. The following are important areas of the financial market as NCFM Foundation modules:
- Financial Markets: A Beginner’s Module
- Mutual Funds: A Beginner’s Module
- Currency Derivatives: A Beginner’s Module
- Equity Derivatives: A Beginner’s Module
- Interest Rate Derivatives: A Beginner’s Module
- Commercial Banking in India: A Beginner’s Module
- Securities Market (Basic): Module
- Clearing Settlement and Risk Management: Module
Here are the NCFM Intermediate Modules:
- Capital Market (Dealers) – Module (CMDM)
- Derivatives Market (Dealers) – Module (DMDM)
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management – Module
- Fundamental Analysis – Module
- Options Trading Strategies – Module
- Operations Risk Management – Module
- Banking Sector – Module
- Treasury Management – Module
- Insurance – Module
- Macroeconomics for Financial Markets – Module
- NSDL Depository Operations – Module
- Commodities Market – Module
- Surveillance in Stock Exchanges – Module
- Technical Analysis – Module
- Mergers and Acquisitions – Module
- Back Office Operations – Module
- Wealth Management – Module
- Project Finance – Module
- Venture Capital and Private Equity – Module
- Financial Services Foundation – Module
- NSE Certified Quality Analyst – Module
NCFM Advanced Modules:
The advanced modules helps to get expertise in the particular segment of the Financial Market. For more details about the exam you can visit NCFM Modules
- Information Security Services Professionals
- Algorithmic Trading Module
- Financial Markets (Advanced) Module
- Securities Market (Advanced) Module
- Derivatives (Advanced) Module
- Mutual Funds (Advanced) Module
- Options Trading (Advanced) Module
Uses of Certificate Exams:
These are professional certificate exams are conducted by reputed professional agencies in Banking Industry. So they has been recognized all over India by all the Banks and other financial institutions.
- These certificate courses are very helpful for a bankers’ vertical career development.
- Some of these courses make the bankers specialized in a particular segment of finance and banking. Thus, they get qualified to work in those specialized areas.
- During yearly appraisal and promotion appraisal marks are given for the above courses under Special Qualifications.
- Some Banks provide a one-time refund of the examination fees after successful completion of the exams.
Though there is no salary increment for the above examinations; they are very helpful for bankers in many ways. The above lists of exams is not exhaustive, & we have covered only a few exams which are important.
You can know more about the exam dates & courses of IIBF other than JAIIB & CAIIB here.