BR & BL NEW SYLLABUS | ALL ABOUT BANKING REGULATIONS & BUSINESS LAWS | CAIIB NEW PAPER 2023
In this post, we will cover the newly added paper new syllabus of BR & BL under the Revised CAIIB Syllabus 2023.
NEW / LATEST SYLLABUS OF BR & BL CAIIB | 2023 IIBF
If you have just cleared your IIBF Exam of JAIIB in the latest conducted attempt, then this page bears the good news!
But first, let me get you through the introduction of Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers 2023 first. Forgetting about the old rules & syllabus, the New CAIIB Exams are this way:
- It’s another flagship course of IIBF after JAIIB. The benefit that CAIIB offers is: 2 increments in salary if the banker works at the Clerical level & 1 increment if the candidate works at Officer Level.
- The CAIIB Exams are conducted twice a year & will be regular in June & December 2023.
- Exam dates and registration dates for the CAIIB June exam 2023 are out already, check: CAIIB/JAIIB registration process and Exam dates or IIBF official website.
- Candidates who want to get the Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers Certification, have to prepare the prescribed Syllabus & follow some prescribed rules for exams as well as exam centres.
- Candidates are also required to fulfil the eligibility criteria i.e. (they have cleared JAIIB Exams).
- After Registration, bankers will have 3 years & 5 attempts within which they have to pass their CAIIB Exam with a 50% aggregate in all the papers (more details later in the article).
So, that’s the brief overview of CAIIB at one glance.
Now let us dive into the details:
IIBF CAIIB has the following Syllabus for 2023:
|No. of Papers||CAIIB 2023 Exam Names|
|1||Advanced Bank Management|
|2||Bank Financial Management|
|3||Advanced Business & Financial Management|
|4||Banking Regulations & Business Laws|
|5||Elective paper (any 1 of the following)|
|b.||Information Technology & Digital Banking|
|d.||Human Resource Management|
And the Good News that I talked about in the above paras is here:
Do you see Paper No.4 of CAIIB 2023?
It’s Banking Regulations & Business Laws. And if we are to look into the modules of CAIIB BR & BL:
|PAPER 4||MODULE||MODULE NAME|
|Banking Regulations & Business Laws||BR & BL – A||Regulations & Compliance|
|BR & BL – B||Banking Operations: Important Acts/Laws & Legal Aspects – Part A|
|BR & BL – C||Banking Operations: Important Acts/Laws & Legal Aspects – Part B|
|BR & BL – D||Banking Operations: Commercial & Other Laws|
And the candidates who did write the JAIIB 2022 Exams or the previous attempts should be supercharged to find that the syllabus they read & passed in the paper of Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking under Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers of IIBF has been made part of the CAIIB Syllabus 2023.
Well… from the module names, it does seem like the Paper 4 Syllabus of CAIIB 2023 is going to be the same as that of Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking.
Let us take a look at the old LRAB Syllabus.
|Lrab Modules||Module Name|
|Lrab – Module A||Regulations & Compliance|
|Lrab – Module B||Legal Aspects of Banking Operations|
|Lrab – Module C||Banking Related Laws|
|Lrab – Module D||Commercials Laws with Reference to Banking Operations|
If the experts are to be believed then at least 50% of the Banking Regulations & Business Laws Syllabus will be the same as that of the LRAB paper. There are expected modifications but the overall syllabus the JAIIB passes will find the same. So, there is that relief for them.
The content of the new Banking Regulations & Business Laws modules is expected to contain:
- Loans: Secured and Unsecured Loan
- Registration: Firms and Incorporation of Companies
- Indemnities, Bank Guarantees, Letters of Credit, Various Types of Securities
- Laws Relating to Bill Finance
- Securities and Modes of Charging: Related laws
- DRT Act, SARFAESI, the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and CERSAI
- The Law of Limitation, Banking Ombudsmen Scheme
- Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932
- Companies Act, 2013,
- Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
- The Right to Information Act, 2005
- The Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002
This is expected to be contained in the new Law syllabus of CAIIB. So, all the best to the entrants in the new CAIIB Scheme!
Note: IIBF hasn’t issued the detailed syllabus of the applicable changes yet. It is expected that the latest that the institute will issue the Changed Syllabus will be before the registration dates.
The only thing that the IIBF has clarified is:
- Subjects under the revised CAIIB syllabus 2023.
- Module-wise topics for each subject of the CAIIB course under the revised syllabus 2023.
- Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers Examination pattern under the revised syllabus 2023.
- CAIIB Credits for subjects passed under the present syllabus 2023.
- The time limit for passing CAIIB under the revised syllabus is 2023.
- Validity of credits for subjects passed under the old CAIIB syllabus 2022.
- Passing criteria under the revised syllabus 2023.
- Exam CAIIB Registration 2023.
You can check out our detailed discussion on the same clarification. We have simplified & explained the changes in more detail: CAIIB REVISED SCHEME 2023
Well… whatever comes out of the CAIIB, one thing is sure. You have got an expert & best team of tutors waiting on the other side. They have helped lakhs of banking candidates in clearing their Exams!
With the tough getting tougher, a team of resilient & experienced tutors is the one essential element that will help in successfully passing the CAIIB Exams! All that makes a great student is a great team of teachers. If you also want to get CAIIB Certification in 2023, get in touch with the Learning Sessions executive. They will help you guide in respect of the latest classes, mocks, changes & everything else – Contact them here.
P.S. If you get the 1-year classes of CAIIB from Learning Sessions, you will also get access to the latest updates all related to the exams for 1 year free of cost. We assure you that just try it out. It’s worth your time & money.