CHANGES IN ABM | IIBF CAIIB ABM NEW SYLLABUS JUNE 2023
This post is on the newly applicable 2023 syllabus of IIBF CAIIB (ABM) Advanced Bank Management from June 2023 onwards.
CAIIB NEW SYLLABUS | ABM 2023 IIBF
Changes notified by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance in late 2020 have finally been implemented. This year, the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance has brought in a wave of changes to the syllabus of flagship courses, such as JAIIB, DB&F, SOB, and Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers. In order to keep up with industry developments, the institute has made some changes to align CAIIB study material with the requirements of the banking industry.
The 1st examination under the CAIIB revised syllabus shall be held from June 2023 & onwards while the IIBF will publish the exam dates & registration dates for them at its official website.
Therefore, the Advanced Bank Management paper held in December 2022 for CAIIB was the last examination under the old ABM syllabus.
Candidates have the revised syllabus to study for CAIIB under New Rules & Syllabus which has 4 compulsory subjects & 1 elective paper. In this post, we will particularly talk about the Advanced Bank Management paper under the Revised Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers Syllabus 2023.
Now, let us talk about the Exam Pattern & Passing Criteria of the Advanced Bank Management Paper to be held in 2023.
NEW ABM EXAM PATTERN & PASSING CRITERIA
|Exam||ABM June 2023 & onwards|
|Syllabus||Revised ABM Syllabus 2023|
|No. of Questions||100 MCQs of ABM|
|Numerical Questions||Without Options (Answer has to be typed by the candidates)|
|Duration of ABM Exam||2 hours|
|Maximum marks for ABM (each paper)||100 marks|
|Minimum Passing marks for ABM||50 marks
45 marks – subject to the condition that you get aggregate marks of 250 in all the papers in one single attempt
LATEST ABM SYLLABUS 2023
It is a matter of great concern for Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers 2023 candidates who sat for the CAIIB Exams but passed with credits in 1 or 2 papers (minimum of 50 marks in each paper) but did not get the aggregate to successfully clear the IIBF’s CAIIB.
And those who passed every paper except Advanced Bank Management under old syllabus will have to clear the same in the upcoming attempts – in case they decide not to forgo the credits taken & don’t re-register fresh for the Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers June 2023 Exams.
The Syllabus applicable under Revised CAIIB Rules 2023:
|Module||ABM Module Name|
|Module – A||Statistics|
|Module – B||Human Resource Management|
|Module – C||Credit Management|
|Module – D||Compliance in Banks & Corporate Governance|
CHANGES IN ADVANCED BANK MANAGEMENT SYLLABUS 2023
If we are to compare the revised syllabus with the old one, we will find:
The ABM new modules 2023:
- Module – A, named, Statistics
- Module – D, named, Compliance in Banks & Corporate Governance
Have been newly introduced.
While the ABM old modules:
- Module – A, named, Economic Analysis
- Module – B, named, Business Mathematics
Have been removed from the syllabus of Advanced Bank Management altogether.
So, to successfully get the certificate of CAIIB upcoming attempts of 2023, candidates will be required to score a minimum of 50 marks in each of the below papers (that they have not cleared):
- ABM – Advanced Bank Management
- BFM – Bank Financial Management
- AFM – Advanced Business & Financial Management
- BR & BL – Banking Regulations and Business Laws
- CAIIB – Elective Papers (any one of the following):
- Risk Management
- Information Technology & Digital Banking
- Central Banking
- Human Resources Management
- Rural Banking
This apparently means that if you didn’t clear any of the CAIIB papers in the 2022 Exams, you will be required to sit for the rest of the papers under New Syllabus 2023. You will have credits for ABM, BFM, & elective papers (except Retail Banking) & have to study for the new subjects.
And your credits gained under the old CAIIB syllabus up & until 2022, can be retained upto:
- For CAIIB, you now have a maximum of five attempts to pass the exam provided you had registered by December 20, 2021. You can take these five chances as long as you have registered by December 20, 2021, so these five attempts will be considered from the date of your registration.
- You registered in CAIIB December (held in March 2022) 2021 – you have 2 more attempts (to be cleared in the span of 1.5 years)
- You registered in CAIIB in June 2022 – you have 3 more attempts (to be cleared in the span of 2 years)
- You registered in CAIIB in December 2022 – you have 4 more attempts (to be cleared in the span of 2.5 years)
- From June 2023 onwards, you are not required to sit for CAIIB exams consecutively for the consideration of attempt count.
- If you do not clear the CAIIB Exam within the above stipulated period or attempts, you will be required to re-enrol in the Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers Exams.
- It is also to be noted that the credits of the Advanced Bank Management paper will be foregone under newly registered attempts.
I hope you do the best for the upcoming papers! And I also have one good recommendation along with that.
A BETTER & ADVANCED CAIIB STUDY MATERIAL 2023!
Yes! I am talking about the highly conceptual & question online classes. Learning Sessions are providing the best lectures.
The online CAIIB classes 2023 will be prepared & delivered by the in-house expert faculty of Learning Sessions. Their sessions have been very:
- Question understanding
- Online & Eco-friendly
- Latest & updates as per the 2023 syllabus
Thousands of students have just cleared JAIIB & CAIIB in 2022 with their courses.
ACCESS THE BEST CLASSES FOR 2023 IIBF EXAMS | CAIIB
You can also take advantage of the CAIIB Advanced Bank Management online coaching classes and –
- At the unbelievable prices that include:
- Online ABM conceptual classes
- Online ABM Question Classes 2023
- ABM Mega Classes
- ABM Maha Mega Classes 2023
- Online ABM Mock Test Series 2023
- E-pdf notes 2023
ALL EXAM-RELATED UPDATES FOR 1 YEAR!
Candidates who will opt for the 1-year CAIIB Course 2023 will be provided with all the updates relevant to the Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers Examinations.
So, don’t delay your preparation this time onwards. Start your studies for the upcoming exams which have 2 new subjects, named, AFM i.e. Advanced Business & Financial Management & BR & BL i.e. Banking Regulations and Business Laws!
So, this vast syllabus requires the best of the best.
So, join the Learning Sessions courses of CAIIB 2023 right now!