IIBF DRA EXAM DATE 2023
In this post, we will discuss the exam date, syllabus, fees & other details of the IIBF Certificate Exam of Debt Recovery Agents 2023.
In this post, you will get to know all about the DRA Exam & training, the DRA Registration Last Date, DRA Fees, Exam Dates for upcoming months, an Overview of the DRA & DRA Tc Exam, Eligibility Criteria, Online Form & How To Apply Application Form, Exam Pattern, Passing Criteria, Time Limit to pass, Latest applicable Syllabus, the Cut-Off date for updates, Admit Card, Result & Study Material.
A debt Recovery Agent, in short DRA, is a representative appointed by a bank or lawful debt collection agency to act as its agent. They basically call or visit the debtors for the collection of payments on any kind of past-due bill without violating the regulations prescribed by RBI.
IIBF DEBT RECOVERY AGENT | DRA TELE-CALLERS
The debt Recovery Agent Certificate course has been developed on the advice of RBI (Reserve Bank of India) by the Indian Banks’ Association, in consultation with the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF).
It was formulated to give 100 or 50 hours of training to the Debt Recovery Agents. RBI also stipulates that Banks & NBFCs should ensure that all their recovery agents undergo thorough training under IIBF & also obtain the certificate from IIBF.
Further, it has been stipulated that Banks/ NBFCs should employ only such DRAs who have undergone the DRA training and have the IIBF certificate for the purpose of recovery.
READ ALSO: HOW TO CRACK DRA EXAM IN 2 DAYS STRATEGY?
The basic aim of the course is
- To improve the functional knowledge in the field of banking products, processes, procedures, and policies;
- To develop competency and soft skills for collection via fair practices;
- To bridge the knowledge gap of the DRA about the bank products, policies, procedures; &
- To sharpen the skill sets in the process of collection, recovery, repossession of securities etc., as well as develop interpersonal behavioural areas.
PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN DRA CERTIFICATE
The final DRA Certificate is attained through the following process:
- Go through the DRA training from any IIBF-accredited DRA training institute for 100 or 50 Hrs. as per the eligibility criteria.
- Then receive the ‘DRA Training Certificate’ from the DRA training institute from whom they have received their training.
- Apply for the DRA examination with the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance, which will be mostly done by the DRA Training Institute itself.
- Appear for the Debt Recovery Agent Examination and get passed & Attain the ‘DRA Certificate’.
So, Basically = DRA Training < DRA Training Certificate < DRA Exam < DRA Certificate from IIBF
READ ALSO: DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES | INTERNATIONAL BEST PRACTICES ON DEBT RECOVERY | DRA
DRA TRAINING & TEST
Training: Debt Recovery Agent training for collection/ recovery agent/ personnel employed by DSA/ DMA/ DRA or debt collection agency whatever name called can be offered only by:
- IIBF-accredited Training institutions (list is available on www.iibf.org.in)
- Notified Bank/ NBFCs’ Training establishments
- Notified Bank/ NBFCs’ Training establishments who have indicated to IIBF to undertake DRA training for their bank or NBFC
The main focus of the training will be on skill development & improvement of functional competency of collection agents & DRAs and the duration of 100 or 50 hours.
Test: Once the DRA &/or DRA Tele-callers training has been completed the candidates have to apply for the IIBF’s DRA examination. This test will be entirely objective type and conducted online once a month or at smaller intervals as may be decided/announced from time to time. Once the DRA is successfully passed, the candidate will be given a pass certificate.
DRA NOTIFICATION 2023 | EXAM & REGISTRATION DATE
IIBF has announced the Registration Dates for Debt Recovery Agent & DRA Tele-callers 2023 Exams on its official website. Now, you can apply for the upcoming DRA exams which started on 02-12-2022. The full details of registration & Exam dates scheduled for the 1st Quarter this year as notified on the official website of IIBF are as follows:
|EXAMINATION (DRA / DRA TC)
|Registration Start and End Date
|24-02-2023 to 10-03-2023
|03-04-2023 to 16-04-2023
|28-04-2023 to 12-05-2023
Note: You can check the Certificate Examination for Debt Recovery Agents/ DRA Tele-callers official notification by clicking on the link: here.
IIBF 2023 DRA Application Fee
The Fees as applicable for members & non-members, depending on the attempt is as in the table:
|Examination Fees for Members*
|Examination Fees for Non-Members*
*Plus Taxes as applicable (i.e. GST @18%)
Note: For the extended days of registration, candidates will also be charged a late fee of Rs.200 plus taxes, in addition to the regular examination fee. And fees once paid, will not be repaid.
READ ALSO: RECOVERY OF LOANS | DRA FREE PDF NOTES
OVERVIEW OF DRA 2023 IIBF
|DRA Certificate Exam
|24-02-2023 to 10-03-2023
03-04-2023 to 16-04-2023
28-04-2023 to 12-05-2023
|Rs. 1416.00 (Rs. 1200+216 [GST])
|EXAM APPLICATION MODE
|For – April: 01-04-2023 (Saturday)
For – May: 06-05-2023 (Saturday)
For-June: 03-06-2023 (Saturday)
|The examination can be in English, Hindi or other vernacular languages i.e. Marathi, Malayalam, Kannada, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, Oriya, Telegu & Assamese.
DRA Tele-callers Exam will be conducted in English only.
|022-2218 3302/ 2218/ 5134022-2503 9746/ 9604/ 9907
IIBF | DRA ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
You can write for DRA Exams if you:
- Qualification: The candidate shall have passed the minimum of SSC or above
- Age: The candidate should have completed 18 years of age when he or she applies for the training
- Compulsory Training: The training will be held on the basis of the following criteria:
- Candidate qualified: 10th Standard. – up to graduation = 100 hours
- Candidate qualified: Graduation & above = 50 hours
- Employees of BPO/ Call Centres: Having qualification of graduation & above = need to undergo only 50 hours of training according to the training schedule provided to Banks or Accredited Institutes.
Candidates applying for DRA Exam are also required to attach the following scanned documents when registering for the DRA examination:
- Educational qualifications Proof
- Age proof
EXEMPTION FROM TRAINING: Retired Bank Officers of age 60 years & above having wide experience in Recovery may be exempted by concerned banks from the training or certification for appointment by them at their own discretion.
DRA | DRA-TC | IIBF EXAM PATTERN FOR 2023
The pattern for DRA Certificate Exam is as below:
|No. of Subjects
|No. of Questions
|Duration of exam
|1.5 hours i.e. 90 minutes
|Medium of Exam
English, Hindi & other vernacular languages viz. Marathi, Kannada, Gujarati, Oriya, Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam, Telegu, and Assamese.
APPLICATION FOR DRA EXAM
You can register for DRA Exam by applying online from the Institute’s website. The schedule of examination and dates for registration has already been given in the above tables.
DRA EXAM PASSING CRITERIA | TIME LIMIT TO PASS DRA EXAM
Passing Criteria: The candidates will be required to get at least 50 marks out of 100.
No. of Questions: There will be 90 MCQs carrying 100 marks.
Candidates will have 9 months (3 attempts) to pass DRA 2023 starting from the date of DRA training.
If candidates do not clear DRA in the given time, they will be required to re-enrol themselves again for the Exam. After completing the training, they can enrol for the DRA Certificate examination.
READ ALSO: DRA FREE NOTES PDF | DEBT RECOVERY AGENT EXAMS 2023
IIBF | DEBT RECOVERY AGENT | LATEST EXAM SYLLABUS 2023:
|Basics of Banking
|This unit contains the Principles of Banking, Structure, and Function of Banking, Retail Banking, Recent trends, e-banking, & KYC norms
|Brief Outline on Various Products
|This will include a talk about Credit Cards, Home Loans, Consumer Loans, Agriculture credit products etc.
|Candidates will learn Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, Personal etiquette, Negotiation/ Persuasive skills, Telephone etiquette, Analytical Ability, Interpersonal behaviour etc.
|Code of Ethics
|This will be based on the RBI Guidelines & Bank’s guidelines; Case studies &/ or Case laws
Note: IIBF has published the full syllabus for DRA Exam on its website but because the banking and finance fields are dynamic and rules & regulations witness rapid changes during the period, the prescribed syllabus is not to be taken as a whole. The DRA Examinees are advised to go through the updates put on the IIBF website from time to time as well as Master Circulars &/ or Master Directions issued by RBI and various publications of IIBF (e.g. IIBF Vision, Bank Quest).
DRA Candidates are also advised to visit the websites of organizations such as RBI, SEBI, BIS, IRDAI, FEDAI etc. besides course books for preparation of Questions based on current developments.
For the detailed syllabus or DRA & DRA-Tc, you can follow the link – here.
CUT-OFF DATE FOR GUIDELINES/IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENTS FOR EXAMINATIONS
As the DRA / DRA Telecaller candidates are also required to keep themselves updated with the current developments and any changes in their field of work, so, to ease their preparation in respect of keeping up with these updates & changes, the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance has given cut-off dates. Therefore, the candidates are required to keep updated for the exams as per the following cut-off.
|DRA EXAM PERIOD
|August 2022 to January 2023
|30 Jun 2022
|February 2023 to July 2023
|31 Dec 2022
2023 DRA ADMIT CARD
Mail: The admit cards for DRA 2023 will be e-mailed to the candidates in their registered email ID 10 days before the DRA Exam date.
Website: Along with e-mail, the same will also be available on the official site of IIBF under ‘Examination/Courses > Admit Letter’ or ‘Exam Related’ to download/save/print after the successful registration of the examination. Candidates will be required to log in using their credentials.
Print Out: DRA candidates will also be required to produce the hard copy of Admit Card along with the Membership identity card or any other ID proof having a photo in original at the exam venue.
Without the Admit Card & Identity Card, candidates will not be permitted to enter the exam halls.
Other Rules with Respect to Mobile Phones & Calculators
- Mobile phones or any other electronic, smart gadgets are not allowed to bring in the examination hall. And one must note that the mere possession of mobile phones and other electronic/ smart gadgets in the DRA examination hall whether it’s been switched off or turned silent – shall be deemed to be the use of unfair means in the examination.
- A calculator will be allowed (i.e. one which is battery operated portable calculator) in the examination. It can be of any type up to 8 functions that could perform Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Percentage, Square-root, Tax+ and Tax -, & displaying 12 digits.
If the calculator does not comply with the specifications indicated above or has more features than mentioned above, it shall be considered to be the use of unfair means. Therefore, Scientific calculators are not allowed.
Read Also: 500+ MOCK TESTS FOR DEBT RECOVERY AGENTS
IIBF DRA RESULT 2023
After the DRA/ DRA – Tc exams are over, IIBF will declare the DRA 2023 RESULTS on its official site.
The mark sheet for candidates completing the examination will be available on the Institute’s website after the DRA results declaration. DRA Examinees could download the same using their login credentials i.e. their membership number & edit profile password.
Final DRA certificate: IIBF will send the ‘DRA Certificate’ by speed post within 2 months after the result announcement.
IIBF | DRA LATEST STUDY MATERIAL | WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON
Learning Sessions will soon start the Classes for the Certificate Examination for Debt Recovery Agents/ DRA Tele-callers. The DRA classes will probably start in the mid of September 2023 for the upcoming scheduled Exams. So, if you decide to write for the Debt Recovery Agents/ DRA Tele-callers Exam in the months of October, November or December 2023, then you can take up the Latest Study Material through Learning Sessions.
The contents of the DRA Study Material will be as below:
- Full DRA 2023 Syllabus videos
- Chapter-wise questions
- Mock tests
- E-pdf notes that will be accessible through our apps
The Debt Recovery Agent material will be available at:
- Android App: LS PRO & Website: iibf.info or
- Android App: IIBF LEARNING CENTER
- iOS App: My Institute (Code: gegkt)
- Website: Learning Center (Code: gegkt)
Note: We will notify the date & the availability of the DRA Study Material for the latest Exams as & when we get confirmation from our faculty.
You can reach us for any query related to Study materials/video classes as well as offers on JAIIB, CAIIB, or other IIBF Certification Exams or Bank Promotion Exams on our WhatsApp No.: 8360944207
For daily free bank updates, join us:
- Telegram Channel: IIBF Telegram Group
- YouTube Channel: Learning Sessions
- Instagram: Learning Sessions
We wish you the best for your Exams!
Team: Learning Sessions