CAIIB JUNE 2023: Notification, Syllabus, Fee all details
In this article, we are going to discuss the Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers Exam in June 2023. You will know all about the CAIIB Exam, Exam Dates, Registration dates, Fees, Exam pattern & CAIIB latest Syllabus 2023. So, let us introduce you what is CAIIB!
What is CAIIB?
The Certified Associate of India Institute of Bankers (CAIIB) is conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) every year biannually in June and June as given on the official website of IIBF @iibf.org.in.
It is one of the premium exams conducted by IIBF to check the advanced ways of general Banking Management and Juneision Making.
CAIIB EXAM DATES JUNE 2023
|Application form Start date||To be notified|
|Application Form End Date||To be notified|
|Exam date for Advance Bank Management||To be notified|
|Exam date for Bank Financial Management||To be notified|
|Exam date for Advanced Business & Financial Management||To be notified|
|Exam date for Banking Regulations and Business Laws||To be notified|
|Exam date the rest of the elective papers||To be notified|
Click Here to get CAIIB latest JUNE Syllabus 2023
2023 CAIIB EXAM: Registration Fees
|1st Attempt||INR 3,000|
|2nd Attempt||INR 1,300|
|3rd Attempt||INR 1,300|
|4th Attempt||INR 1,300|
|5th Attempt||INR 1,300|
NOTE** : If you fail to apply in the first shift, then you will have to pay a penalty fee along with the required registration fee in the next two shifts.
CAIIB EXAM 2023: PATTERN
The CAIIB exam pattern is as mentioned below –
- All the papers of the CAIIB Exam will be conducted in online mode.
- There are 5 papers for the CAIIB Exam 2023.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- You can take the CAIIB Exam in either English or Hindi.
- There are 100 objective-type multiple-choice questions.
- There is a provision of negative marking in the CAIIB June Exam 2023 & onwards
CAIIB JUNE 2023: LATEST SYLLABUS
The syllabus for CAIIB Exam 2023 is described below. The IIBF is the institute that sets the syllabus for the CAIIB Exam.
- There are four compulsory papers for the CAIIB Exam that has to be attempted by each of the candidates.
- There are 05 elective papers in the CAIIB exam out of which you have to select any one of them.
- The elective papers are given below for the CAIIB Exam:
- Rural Banking
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology & Digital Banking
- Risk Management
- Central Banking
Here are the modules of the CAIIB papers applicable for June 2023 Exams along with the main topics that fall under those modules:
Advanced Bank Management
- HRM in Banks: HRM and HRD, theories of motivation, knowledge management etc.
- Credit Management: Principles of Credit Management, Trend Analysis, Interpretation and analysis of different Ratios, Structuring a Credit Proposal, Technical and economic feasibility studies, Control and monitoring of credit, Consortium finance, Syndication of loans etc.
- Compliance in Banks & Corporate Governance
Banking Financial Management
- International Banking: Forex Business, Direct and indirect quotations, premium and discount, cross rates, forex derivatives, NRI accounts, UCPDC 600, Role of FEMA and its rules etc.
- Risk Management: Risk in Banks, Basis Point Value (BPV), Stress Testing, mitigation, Counterparty risk, risk mitigation techniques, Basel Norms- Current guidelines on risk management etc.
- Treasury Management: new financial products, control and supervision, Interest rate risk, bond portfolio strategy, risk control and hedging instruments, Derivatives etc.
- Balance Sheet Management: Capital Adequacy, ALM Implementation, Gap Analysis, Illustrations of Actual Gap Reports, Trading/ Managing Liquidity, provisioning etc.
Advanced Business & Financial Management
- The Management Process
- Advanced Concepts of Financial Management
- Valuation, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Emerging Business Solutions
Banking Regulations & Business Laws
- Regulations and Compliance
- Important Acts/Laws & Legal Aspects of Banking Operations – Part A
- Important Acts/Laws & Legal Aspects of Banking Operations – Part B
- Commercial & other Laws with reference to Banking Operations
CONTINUED after CAIIB Latest Study Material 2023:
How to pass CAIIB JUNE 2023?
As you can already see that the CAIIB syllabus is very vast & it would be very lengthy to cover it on your own. And above that reading from lengthy books takes too much time. So, Learning Sessions have the perfect solution for you!
You can watch the video lectures instead & can even fast-forward (up to 2x speed – as per your convienience) & unlimited views on the lectures. The lectures are prepared by expert faculty & they are available for all the Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers subjects. Here are the other key highlights of our course:
- Live + Recorded Lectures
- 24 by 7 access to materials through apps (iOS/Android) & browser
- Unlimited views
- Mock Tests which also cover the Memory Recalled Questions
- Lectures are also downloadable in the app
- Most reasonable prices with Flexible packs (one paper or combos)
- Hinglish language
- English Language (ABM & BFM subjects)
- Latest Syllabus CAIIB 2023
Access the JAIIBs’ Latest courses through:
- Android App: LS PRO or IIBF LEARNING CENTER
- iOS App: My Institute (Code: gegkt)
- Website for Exam Materials: info
The modules of the CAIIB elective papers applicable for June 2023 Exams along with the main topics that fall under those modules CONTINUED:
- Rationale and Functions of Central Bank: Evolution of CBI (in Developed and Developing countries), Contemporary Issues etc.
- Central Banking in India: Constitution and Governance, Functional Developments over time, RBI Act, Banking Regulation Act, FEMA, Financial Sector reforms, Banking Ombudsman Scheme etc.
- Monetary and Credit Policies: Objectives, instruments of policy, Cash Reserve Ratio, Union Budget, State Budget, inflation & growth through monetary and fiscal policies etc.
- Supervision and Financial Stability: Market’s Constituents, Financial Stability, Liquidity and Risk Management in Banks, Basel & Prudential Norms, International standards and codes etc.
- Non-Banking Financial Companies and Primary Dealers
- Rural India: Demographic features, Characteristics of Rural Society, Trends in per capita income, rural money markets, rural indebtedness, rural poverty, Rural infrastructure, Agriculture Economy, Rural Development Policy, Rural Issues related to Development etc.
- Financing Rural Development: Regulation of Rural Financial, NABARD, institutions involved in the development of Rural Areas, Role of Information and communication technologies, rural insurance micro insurance scheme, Crop Loans Assessment, Farm mechanization,Financing allied agriculture activities, Financing Rural Non-Farm Sector, Segments and Role, etc.
- Priority Sector Financing & Government Initiatives: Components of priority sector, Government initiatives, problems and deficiencies, Rural housing and Urban housing schemes etc.
- Problems and Prospectus in Rural Banking: Problems faced by Rural branches, Emerging trends in rural banking, etc.
Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management: Policies and Practices of HRM, HR Management and contemporary issues, Role of HRD professional, Group Dynamics, TQM, Benchmarking, BPR, 6 sigma, Organizational Change and Development, Conflict of new initiatives with work culture and capacity etc.
- Building an HR Strategy: Need for a distinctive HR strategy, Execution of strategy, Effectiveness of HRD, Best HR practices, Barriers to Communications, Manpower Planning; their Recruitment, Selection, Placement and Promotion, outsourcing, Performance Management and Appraisal Systems, etc.
- Motivation, Training, and Skill Development: Theories of Motivation and their practical implications, job enrichment, job rotation, Training and Development, Training Methodology, Development of soft skills and communications etc.
- Personnel Management and Industrial Relations: personnel functions, trade unionism and Industrial Relations, Indian Banking Industry; Bipartite Settlements in Banking, Employee Welfare, Grievance Redressal and Discipline, Diversity and Gender Issues, Precautions and Controls etc.
- Emerging Scenario in HRM
Information Technology & Digital Banking
- Introduction to Information Technology: Impact of IT on Banking, System Softwares, Computer Languages, DBMS, RDBMS, Application Servers, Application Software, Equipment & Data Communication, Data Communication, etc.
- Systems and Design: Systems Design & Analysis Data modeling, Software Development Life Cycle, Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) Tools, Data Warehousing, MIS and Organization Support Systems etc.
- Applications in Banking: Centralized Banking System, Delivery Channels, E-Mails, SMS alerts, the concept of E-Commerce, Public key infrastructure, Digital Signature, Non-repudiation of Origin, Threats to Information System etc.
- Information System Security, Controls, and Audit: Software bombs, Phishing, Spoofing, Spamming, Information System Security Measures, Policy, controls, IS Audit, BCP/ DRP, IT Act 2000, IT Service Delivery & Support etc.
- An Overview: policies in relation to Risk, Asset Liability Management, Risk measurement & Control, Capital adequacy norms, Risk immunization policy/ strategy, norms regarding Capital adequacy, Prudence, Exposure; etc.
- Credit Risk Management: Basel Norms, Three pillars of Basel and Capital for Operational risk, Frame work for risk management, Credit rating/ credit scoring and rating system design etc.
- Operational Banking: Basel Norms, RBI guidelines, Likely forms of operational risk and causes, mitigation of operational risks, the Capital allocation for operational risk, etc.
- Market Risk: terms & the Prescriptions of Basel Norms, foreign exchange & Price risk etc.
- Risk Organization and Policy: Risk Management Policy, ALCO, Inter-linkages to Treasury, Credit etc.
You can reach us for any query related to Study materials/video classes as well as offers on JAIIB, CAIIB, or other IIBF Certification Exams or Bank Promotion Exams on our Whatsapp No.: 8360944207
For daily free bank updates, join us:
- Telegram Channel: IIBF Telegram Group
- YouTube Channel: Learning Sessions
- Instagram: Learning Sessions
We wish you best for your Exams!
Team: Learning Sessions