Keeping in view the ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic situation, financial entities, most commonly banks, have now started extending their services to the doorsteps of their customers in order to reduce the footfall of customers at their branches.
Door Step Banking is one of the key action points of the roadmap for banking reforms under the EASE (Enhanced Access & Service Excellence) Reforms brought out by the Department of Financial Services.
PSB Alliance Door Step Banking Service is a facility introduced in this regard to cater to both financial & non-financial banking needs of the customers of all Banks under a single umbrella.
FEATURES OF DOORSTEP BANKING
- The facility of Doorstep Banking can be offered by all the branches to those customers who comply with proper KYC guidelines as laid down by the Bank based on the instructions stipulated by Reserve Bank of India.
- The service can be availed only within a maximum radius of 5 kms from the home branch.
- The services will be rendered during banking hours only.
- The services can be offered either at the residence or at the office of the customer, the address should have been clearly and explicitly mentioned in the agreement.
- The “Scheme” is not restricted to any particular client /customer or class of customers.
SERVICES OFFERED UNDER DOORSTEP BANKING SCHEME
Although the services offered under DSB may vary from bank to bank . However, the following are the main types of services which are available under this scheme –
- Pickup of cash
- Cash withdrawals
- Pickup of Cheques and other negotiable instruments
- Delivery of Cash/Drafts at the doorstep of individual Customers.
- Pickup of New Cheque book requisition slips
- Acceptance of 15G/15H forms
- TDS/form 16 certificate issuance
- Delivery of pre-paid instrument/gift card
- Issuing standing instructions
- Submission of Digital Life Certificate etc.
HOW TO AVAIL DOORSTEP BANKING SERVICE ?
The following are the steps to apply for doorstep banking facility –
- Register for doorstep banking service through your bank’s mobile application, website and call centre.
- Fill an application form to avail this service.
- Activate the SMS facility of the bank on a registered mobile number.
- A confirmation SMS is sent after completion of registration
- Once the agent arrives at the door step of the customer, only after the Service Code matches with the one available with the agent that the services will be offered.
Although Doorstep banking facility has been in place since many years but the demand for the same was pushed during the lockdown due to novel coronavirus . With this facility the customers can avail easy and hassle free banking services all at the comfort of their doorsteps .