IT NOTES ON OPERATING SYSTEMS| CAIIB STUDY MATERIAL FOR IT PAPER 2022
This article on IIBF CAIIB IT paper contains important notes from the IT Syllabus 2022 i.e Operating System for CAIIB NOV 2022.
IIBF, CAIIB, SYSTEM SOFTWARE, OPERATING SYSTEM, CHARACTERISTICS, FUNCTIONS, OS FOR SERVERS, OS FOR CLIENTS, WINDOWS, STUDY MATERIAL 2022
Bank Financial Management - BFM Syllabus Priority
110+ CAIIB Case Study Videos
ABM BFM Retail Previous Year Questions
Get Tests Here
Full Course Videos in Hindi English
One of the most significant tests offered by IIBF is the CAIIB. This exam’s primary objective is to provide advanced knowledge that can aid in making better decisions in areas such as information technology, risk management, retail banking, human resource management, etc. This exam is a way for bankers who want to advance because it would provide them an advantage over others in terms of increments.
We want to reassure you that you don’t need to worry about your CAIIB EXAM 2022 because we have special study materials available for you all. Along with describing our study material, we also want to provide you with some background information on the subject of operating systems in this post.
READ ALSO-> CAIIB CLASSES SCHEDULE NOVEMBER EXAMS 2022
ABOUT SYSTEM SOFTWARE
System software is a category of a computer program made to run the hardware and application software of a computer. The system software serves as the link between the hardware and user applications in a computer system that can be conceptualized as a layered architecture. One of the important examples of system software is the operating system. All other computer programs are controlled by the OS.
The management of the computer itself is done by system software. It works in the background to keep the computer’s fundamental operations running so that users can use higher-level application software to carry out specific activities. System software essentially offers a framework for running application software.
The following characteristics are typically seen in system software:
- High rate. To effectively serve as a platform for higher-level software in the computer system, system software must be as efficient as feasible.
- difficult to manipulate It frequently calls for the usage of a programming language, which is harder to use than a simpler user interface (UI).
- written in a simple programming language. The central processor unit (CPU) and other computer hardware must be able to read the computer language used to write system software.
- nearby the system It establishes a direct connection with the computer’s operating system’s hardware.
FUNCTIONS OF OPERATING SYSTEM
The operating system carries out significant functions. The management of a computer’s hardware and software resources is the operating system’s primary duty. It is the primary control program for the computer. All additional software, including both application and system software, is managed and tracked by the OS. All other computer programs run in an environment that is created by the OS, which also offers support for those other applications.
Operating systems carry out operations. The following are five of the more significant ones:
- memory and processor management. When memory is required, the OS gives a process access to the computer’s memory and releases it when the process is complete.
- finding errors. The OS locates, analyses, and fixes faults in other software running on the computer.
- Security. Passwords are used by the OS to prevent unwanted access to the data and programs on the computer.
- management and command. To manage and control other programs on the computer, the OS makes use of interpreters, assemblers, and compilers. These language processors are components of the operating system that convert the high-level programming languages, such as Java, Python, and C++, in which many computer programs are written, into low-level machine code instructions, or more simply, a string of 1s and 0s that the CPU of the computer can understand.
- scheduling processes and file management. The operating system (OS) distributes resources and prioritizes which programs should get them and in what order. For instance, when employed, a digital audio workstation application might need a particular amount of processing power. The OS controls how much CPU power each application receives and how this allocation affects other applications. The operating system (OS) may give up part of the power that the digital audio workstation has requested, for example, to ensure that another process running on the computer that is more important can finish.
OPERATING SYSTEM FOR SERVERS
An operating system that runs on a server is called a server operating system. In general, we can say that a server operating system is an enhanced form of an operating system with additional features and capabilities to offer different services to other connected devices or client workstations.
The majority of processes in server operating systems are initiated by OS commands. In addition to controlling and keeping an eye on the linked client devices, it aids in the installation and deployment of business and online applications. Other administrative tasks are carried out by the server operating systems.
OPERATING SYSTEM FOR CLIENTS
An operating system known as a client runs on desktop computers and other portable gadgets like laptops and smartphones. Client OS refers to operating systems that are installed on a client’s computer device, such as a PC or laptop.
Computers can operate thanks to this operating system.
The client operating system (OS) controls various hardware elements attached to printers, displays, and cameras. It can only accommodate one user at once. Additionally, it has the ability to access server operating system services.
In contrast to a server operating system, it aids in offering multiprocessing power for the least amount of money.
Windows and Mac are two examples of client operating systems.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CLIENT OS AND SERVER OS
The following are the main distinctions between client OS and server OS:
- Client computers are straightforward and low-cost, whereas server operating systems are more expensive and potent.
- Performance is the primary distinction between the two. On a single server, several clients are active. Clients—also known as end-users—send requests to the server for network access.
- An operating system designed specifically for servers, client/server architecture, and serving client requests is known as a server operating system (OS).
- If a client searches for information using a browser, a server transmits the source to the client for direct searching.
For quite some time, Windows has been the most widely used operating system worldwide. Microsoft releases a new version of Windows every couple of years that includes newer software overall, better safety features, and an upgraded graphical user interface.
But Microsoft also produces several variations of the Windows operating system. They also offer a server line, with Windows Server 2019 being the most recent release.
We will discuss the qualities and distinctions of these two systems in this article. But first, what are the primary differences?
The primary distinction between Windows 10 and Windows Server is that the former is designed for usage on personal computers used at home, whereas the latter is an operating system specifically created for running server systems.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WINDOWS SERVER AND DESKTOP WINDOWS
- Superior Hardware. Windows Server keeps reliable hardware. Windows 10 Pro can only have a maximum of 2 TB of RAM, compared to Windows Server’s 24 TB RAM capacity.
- While the average computer user won’t desire 2 TB of RAM, more RAM means more capacity for servers. Therefore, a server that has enough RAM can manage users, virtual machines, and computers with ease.
- Windows 10 has a limit on the number of processors it will support, with a maximum of two and only with Windows 10 Pro. Server 2016 on the other hand, has a maximum of 64 sockets.
- Windows 10’s 32-bit version can only support 32 cores, while 64-bit versions can support up to 256 cores. Windows Server, however, supports an infinite number of cores.
OTHER FEATURES OF WINDOWS
Friendliness of the Desktop
Windows 10 has something to add even though it doesn’t include server-specific features. It receives Windows updates more quickly and irregularly. It has Timeline and Cortana, which Windows Server does not have.
Software is simple to install, and using Microsoft Account makes it simple to set preferences and then transfer those preferences.
The Windows Subsystem, Progressive Web Apps, and Your Phone for Linux are just a few of the additional features that come with the operating system. The majority of these functions rely on the Microsoft Store, which Windows Server lacks.
STUDY MATERIAL IT 2022
Study material is a resource or text that offers a conceptual grasp of the subject matter. Their major goal is to convey the subject in terms that are simple to comprehend, making it simpler to remember what has been read or watched.
The candidates will save a great deal of time by having all the information they need in one location rather than having to search the internet or book stores or seek others for assistance to grasp what is written in the books. Instead of attempting to gather information from multiple sources or books, candidates can just concentrate on their studies.
This makes it easier to understand all the elements that make learning simple and the new terminology or words understandable.
The right and pertinent content makes studying easier and brings forth the fundamental comprehension of the subjects. Study materials may take the shape of lectures, chapters, questions and answers, study notes, MCQs, practice tests, test series, and other similar resources.
They support achieving high marks and enhancing academic achievement.
The following characteristics and content are found in the Learning Sessions study material on the IT paper:
VIDEO LECTURES: Instead of written books or previously published content, the CAIIB’s IT course is delivered live through video classes. Some people find it challenging to resume reading textual language after leaving school since we no longer have the same level of concentration. The fact that books are inanimate makes it difficult for us to focus on them. Additionally, our content is available in a very engaging video format.
LANGUAGE OF LECTURES: HINDI AND ENGLISH AND ENGLISH ONLY
Information technology optional paper 3 is offered in English mix Hindi. However, only English will be used for the remaining parts of the CAIIB’s comprehensive course of IT study material.
READ ALSO-> CAIIB INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STUDY MATERIAL 2022
MOCK TESTS IT
Additionally, you will receive practice exams for IT papers, which will be a huge assistance to you as you prepare for the information technology subject. There is no time limit on how long you have to complete the tests because their sole purpose is to aid in your practice.
READ ALSO-> CAIIB INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MOCK TEST 2022
For any query or for best offers on the CAIIB or other Certification Exams, you can message us:
You can also join us on
- CAIIB Telegram Channel: IIBF Telegram Group
- YouTube Channel for CAIIB Classes: Learning Sessions
- Instagram for fun updates: Learning Sessions
All the Best for your Exams!
Team: Learning Sessions