WHAT IS JAIIB ?
JAIIB stands for Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers, which is an associate examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF).
This exam is applicable only to the members of the Institute & is conducted twice a year in May and November.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR JAIIB
The JAIIB eligibility conditions are decided by the authoritative body IIBF which are as below :
- The examination is open only to the ordinary members of the Institute (Any person working in the banking and finance industry can apply to the Institute for membership.) Individual membership is available on a life membership basis.
- The candidates who wish to apply for the post must have passed the 10+2 exam in any discipline or equivalent.
- The candidates, on the discretion of the institute, may be allowed to appear for the JAIIB exam even if they have not passed the 12th board exam. However, in such a case, candidates need the recommendation of the Manager or officer-in-charge of the bank.
- The subordinate staff of recognized Banking or Financial Institutions in India, who are members of the Institute, are eligible to appear at the examination, provided they have passed the 12th standard examination or its equivalent.
BENEFITS OF PASSING JAIIB
Once you clear and qualify in the JAIIB examination, you will be eligible for an incentive according to the agreed procedure followed by Indian Banks’ Association (IBA), the monetary benefits are as follows:
- If you are working as a clerk in a bank, you will receive one increment if you qualify in the JAIIB Examination.
- If you are working as an officer in a nationalized bank, you will be entitled to one increment after qualifying the exam.
NON – MONETARY BENEFITS :
- You will get in depth knowledge about the banking activities in India as well as technical aspects of banking.
- You will get an edge over other candidates in promotional interviews if you have cleared the JAIIB exam as it carries good weightage.
- You can easily get postings in departments such as treasury, foreign exchange, government business etc.
JAIIB exam can give you a lot of opportunities to grow in the banking sector.
We at Learning Sessions are providing the entire study material , videos, free mock tests , E- PDF’s , previous year question papers & much more which can help you in preparing well for JAIIB. The study material is updated regularly as prescribed by IIBF , important notifications & revised guidelines by RBI.
Contact us for further information or enquiry.