WOULD IT BE EASIER TO CLEAR JAIIB IN 2023? TIPS & TRICKS.
Today we will discuss whether it’s going to be easier to clear JAIIB in 2023 or not under the Revised JAIIB Rules & Syllabus.
How are you doing after the intense Exam season you endured? If haven’t felt the pressure last time in the Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers exams, then surely this time you might.
I don’t mean to scare you but seeing the revised scheme of JAIIB for the May 2023 Exams, one thing is clear IIBF is expecting the banking personnel to pull their weight through the New Rules with all their strength.
You can understand the same from the fact that the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance:
- has replaced 1 paper with 2 new papers, one of which is from the CAIIB Course i.e. Retail Banking
- Some numerical questions might not have options to select from. Candidates have to solve & enter it manually.
It does seem like tough is going to be tougher.
But is JAIIB really going to be tougher than before?
Let’s examine this question in detail!
- IIBF has introduced 2 new Subjects in JAIIB 2023.
Well, the subjects introduced in the new Syllabus for Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers are: Indian Economy & Indian Financial System and Retail Banking & Wealth Management
- Indian Economy & Indian Financial System contains 2 modules that have been added from the old syllabus of Principles & Practices of Banking.
So, if we are to take a look at the modules, it could be found that:
Old PPB Modules, namely:
- Module A: Indian Financial System
- Module D: Support Services, Marketing of Banking
Have been renamed in the new PPB Syllabus 2023 with the names:
- Module C is Indian Financial Architecture,
- Module D is Financial Products and Services
From the face of it, all we can estimate is that there could be some alternations but the basics might be the same. So, this paper of JAIIB has almost half of the syllabus of Principles & Practices of Banking.
- Now, let’s take a look at the 2nd paper that has been introduced: Retail Banking & Wealth Management.
Retail banking in this paper has been a part of the old Syllabus of Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers, while the wealth management concept is new. Let’s take a look at the modules:
- Module A i.e. Introduction to Retail Banking
- Module B i.e. Retails Products and Recovery
- Module C i.e. Support Services – Marketing of Banking Services / Products
- Module D i.e. Wealth Management
If you take a look at Module C above, it’s the same as that was in PPB under the old syllabus. And moreover, the Syllabus under this branch of paper generally comes basic to the bankers already…well… except the wealth management.
- Now, the Principles & Practices of Banking paper has also been amended with the following alterations:
New Additions in the syllabus:
- Module A i.e. General Banking Operations
- Module B i.e. Lending Operations of Banks
The following modules have been removed from the PPB syllabus 2023:
- Module A i.e. Indian Financial System
- Module B i.e. Functions of Banks
- Module D i.e. Support Services, Marketing of Banking
- The Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking paper has been removed from the JAIIB Syllabus 2023.
- Inside the paper on Accounting & Finance for Bankers, we could see the following alterations:
- Module C i.e. Financial Management
- Module D i.e. Taxation and Fundamentals of Costing
The following modules have been removed from AFB syllabus 2023:
- Module A i.e. Business Mathematics and Finance
- Module C i.e. Final Accounts
- Module D i.e. Banking Operations
- We have 4 subjects in the new Syllabus of JAIIB 2023
- 2 of the subjects are new but contain basics
- The syllabus of 2 papers (old subjects) has been shortened
But further examination there have been more changes:
The other changes that have been bought into the syllabus 2022 are discussed in the below lines:
The registration period has been extended from 2 years to 3 years
- The no. of attempts available is also increased from 4 to 5.
- Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers candidates can now sit for 5 attempts non-consecutively.
- A cut of 0.25 marks will be given for 1 mark Question.
Let me state the question again: Will it be easier to crack JAIIB in May 2023 & onwards?
So, considering all the above changes in no. of papers, markings, and modules, we can say that the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance has tried to make the JAIIB Exams at par with the requirements of what a flagship course entails. Making it a bit more difficult, it won’t be a lie if I were to say that it’s not difficult… but when was the Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers under the old syllabus and easy?
There are only 2 things that are noticeable in the JAIIB Exam Rules & Syllabus 2023:
- The 1 new paper, otherwise, the rest of the papers have also been reduced.
The WORST-CASE SCENARIO that I can imagine is the – candidates getting 50 questions right & 50 questions wrong. In the 100 marks paper, one could get 50 MCQs rights = 50 marks & 50 wrong questions – leading to a deduction of 12.5 marks, making the total in one paper = 37.5 marks which is not enough to even pass the paper.
The only way to avoid this is to know the answers & not do the guessing work.
So, raise your hackles bankers, IIBF is ready with its new axe that is much sharper than it was.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS & TRICKS TO PASS JAIIB 2023 EXAMS!
- JAIIB COACHING CLASSES: A self-study is an option, but due to time constraints, candidates are advised to enrol in coaching classes. Taking online JAIIB classes can be an invaluable resource when it comes to learning the Revised JAIIB Syllabus 2023. You will also be able to save money if you take help in understanding the concepts with Learning Sessions’ courses.
Choosing JAIIB Latest Classes for 2023 Exams at the most reasonable prices is a wise decision! All syllabus is covered in a short time, without wasting any resources.
- JAIIB SYLLABUS COVERAGE: Candidates need to cover all the topics on the syllabus, no matter how much time they have. JAIIB concepts should be fully & thoroughly revised.
- AT LEAST 1 TIME REVISION: It is no longer enough to just read & understand the questions. To correctly answer the questions, JAIIB candidates are expected to retain the concepts of the new topics & syllabus.
- REGULAR STUDY: Candidates should avoid last-minute preparations, unlike previous attempts. Practising and studying regularly is necessary to retain information.
BUT STILL, THERE IS NO REASON TO BE SCARED!
You can tackle this exam with good practice.
And you can find the best Study Material with Learning Sessions. Having the experts in its in-house team of tutors that are experienced in the banking exams, you will find their lectures very easy to understand & retainable!
And all the more, the courses are priced at the lowest rates to enable everyone to have the chance of access to their promotion.
You can join or Contact us for any query here: Contact Link