JAIIB PPB 2023 Principles and Practices of Banking Short Notes Part 3
In the part-3 of the PPB short notes, we are going to provide you with the next set of important topics covered from all the modules of principles & practices of banking (ppb) MAY 2023 EXAM as per the IIBF prescribed syllabus for JAIIB MAY 2023. And if you are also among the ones who are going to sit for JAIIB May Exam 2023, then you must cover the following important topics of Principles & Practices of Banking at least. Then at the end of the article, you will find the Latest applicable JAIIB Study Material for MAY 2023 Attempt.
CHECK IT OUT: JAIIB MAY 2023 ONLINE CRASH COURSE
JAIIB PPB EXAM 2023
JAIIB exams are going to be held on May 2023. Before anything else, you must also set a reminder to get registered for the JAIIB MAY 2023 as the dates will be here soon. The prescribed syllabus of JAIIB includes 4 papers, out of which PPB is the second.
The second paper of JAIIB is divided into four modules which are mentioned below:
|PAPER 2 OF JAIIB||JAIIB MAY 2023 MODULES|
|Principles & Practices of Banking
READ MORE: WATCH OUR DAILY IIBF JAIIB/CAIIB LIVE CLASSES
PPB 2023 SHORT NOTES:-
JAIIB PPB Principles and Practices of Banking Short Notes Part 1 & Part-2
UNIT – 11: RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN THE INDIAN FINANCIAL SYSTEM
- A committee was set up by the Indian government in 1984 under the chairmanship of Sukhamoy Chakravarty for the purpose to review the Indian monetary system.
After the setup of this committee, the Narasimham committee & Narayanan Vaghul working group was also set up.
This committee recommended various financial sector reforms which were initiated in 1990. Out of the suggested reforms, the following mentioned were adopted by the government:
- Interest rates were deregulated
- Money Market Mutual Funds (MMMFs)
- Transactions in Electronic mode
- Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF)
- Establishment of the Clearing Corporation of India Ltd. (CCIL)
- Development of New Market Instruments. Treasury Bills of different duration, CP (Commercial papers), CD (Certificates of Deposits), MMMFs, etc. have been introduced by the government.
Important Topic:- IIBF JAIIB DB&F PPB NEW SYLLABUS & LATEST STUDY MATERIAL 2023
- Commercial paper is in the form of a promissory note which is an unsecured money market instrument. Commercial paper allows high-rated corporate borrowers to utilize money from different sources and they also provide an additional instrument to the investors.
- CD, Certificate of Deposit, is a kind of Negotiable money market instrument issued in a dematerialised form. These certificates are issued as a receipt for the funds deposited at the bank. The minimum deposit period required certificate of deposit is 8 days.
- So far, RBI has taken many steps to introduce and upgrade a safe and efficient mode of payment system in the country to fulfil the requirements of the public at large.
- Because paper-based payments are still very much prevalent in the Indian economy, RBI introduced the technology MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) to speed up and bring efficiency to the processing of cheques.
- A separate High-Value Clearing system has been introduced to clear a cheque having a value of Rs. 1,00,000.00 and above. This system of high-value clearing has been available at selected centres. But this system has been discontinued as of now.
- Speed clearing system has been launched as a recent development in paper-based instruments. The system was for local clearance of outstation cheques which were drawn on branches of the Bank that were enabled with core banking. The cheque truncation system and the framing of CTS-2010 standards have also been introduced to enhance the security features of cheques.
- Due to the continued increase in cheque values, there has been added pressure on the existing setup of cheque clearing, resulting in finding alternative cost-effective systems. Some of them are given below:
- Electronic Clearing Service (ECS) Credit
- Regional ECS (RECS)
- Electronic Clearing Service (ECS) Debit
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) System
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)System
- Clearing Corporation of India Limited (CCIL)
Other Payment Systems
- Prepaid instruments facilitate the purchase of goods and services against these instruments themselves. These prepaid instruments have some value stored in them which represents the value that has been filled for by the holders, either in cash or bank accounts.
These payment instruments are issued in the form of smart cards, internet wallets, mobile wallets, mobile accounts, paper vouchers, magnetic stripe cards, etc.
- The prepaid payment instruments cannot be used for cross-border transactions except for payment instruments that have been approved under FEMA, 1999 (Foreign Exchange Management Act).
- In October 2008, the Reserve Bank of India came out with the operating guidelines for banks on mobile banking. As per RBI guidelines, only those banks were allowed to offer mobile banking services which had licenses and were being supervised in India as well as had a physical presence in India.
Read Also:- IIBF JAIIB PPB QUESTION PDF – principles and practices of banking
ATMs/ Online Transactions/ Point of Sale (POS) Terminals
- As per the data provided by RBI, by September 2021, scheduled commercial banks had 2.13 lakhs of Automated Teller Machines (ATM) installed. In addition to that, there were more than 27000 white label ATMs were also installed by WLA operations up to September 2021.
Customers of the banks could withdraw cash from any bank terminal up to five times a month without getting charged for the services.
- As per the guidelines of the Reserve Bank of India, a bank is required to recredit the failed transactions within 7 working days and if the credit is delayed beyond the specified period, they are required to compensate the customer.
- By the end of the financial year 2020, more than 5 million POS terminals in India. These POS terminals helped bank customers to pay for their purchases through credit and debit cards. This has helped the POS to reach steady growth such as grocery shops, restaurants, gas, and fuel stations.
- To provide convenience to the customer banks have also permitted cash withdrawals by using debit cards that have been issued by the banks at such POS terminals.
- Because there has been an increased use of debit and credit cards for online transactions, to reduce the risk arising out of them, the reserve bank of India has mandated that all CNP (card not present) transactions need to be authenticated in addition to using information which is not already on the card as well as an online alert should be sent to the cardholders informing them of the transactions that happen with their cards.
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
- Reserve Bank of India had encouraged the setup of NPCI (National payments corporation of India) to make it work as an umbrella organization to operate very Retail payment systems in India.
NPCI started its function in early 2009 and it has chicken over the working of NFS (national financial switch) from IDRBT (Development and Research in Banking Technology).
- Payment and settlement systems fall under the purview of the Central bank’s functions. In this function, it is required to observe the objectives of safety and efficiency through the monitoring of existing and planned systems, assessing them for any requirement of changes, etc.
- By observing the system of payment and settlement, the Central Bank also helps in maintaining system stability and reducing systematic risk as well as maintaining public confidence in the system.
Now, you can pass the JAIIB this MAY 2023 with the LATEST STUDY MATERIAL FOR MAY 2023 EXAMS. To access the courses click on the below links:
- Download Android App: LS PRO or IIBF LEARNING CENTER
- Download iOS App: My Institute (Code: gegkt)
- Visit the website for Exam Materials: info
You can also visit the below links:
- IIBF JAIIB AFB Business Mathematics and Finance | Debt and Bonds
- PPB Most Important Questions
- IIBF JAIIB PPB Support Services – Marketing of Banking Services
- PPB Syllabus Priority
- JAIIB 2022 YEAR QUESTIONS PAPER FULL ANALYSIS
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
To get offers on the CAIIB or other IIBF Certification Exams or Bank Promotion Exams, you can talk to us on our Whatsapp No.: 8360944207
For regular banking-related updates & free updates, you can join us on:
- Telegram Channel: IIBF Telegram Group
- YouTube Channel: Learning Sessions
- Instagram: Learning Sessions
All the Best for your Exams!
Team: Learning Sessions
Get latest and updated short notes of ppb here on learning sessions.