JAIIB EXAM Dates 2021
Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers Exam or JAIIB, as commonly called, is conducted as a career progression exam by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF) . The purpose of JAIIB is to facilitate knowledge enhancement in banking and financial services, banking technology, customer relations, basic accountancy and legal aspects that are necessary for carrying out day to day banking operations. This article aims to discuss various aspects of the JAIIB exam 2021.
IIBF administers the JAIIB exam twice in a year in May and November.
ELIGIBILITY FOR JAIIB EXAM
Details related to JAIIB eligibility are mentioned below-
- Common candidates are not eligible for the JAIIB exam.
- JAIIB exam is only for the candidates who are already serving as employees in the banking and finance industry.
- Only the candidates whose employers are a member of the Institute fulfils the JAIIB eligibility.
- The candidates who wish to apply for the post must have passed the 10+2 exam in any discipline or equivalent.
- The candidates, on the discretion of the institute, may be allowed to appear for the JAIIB exam even if they have not passed the 12th board exam. However, in such a case, candidates need the recommendation of the Manager or officer-in-charge of the bank.
- The subordinate staff of recognized Banking or Financial Institutions in India, who are members of the Institute, are eligible to appear at the examination, provided they have passed the 12th standard examination or its equivalent.
JAIIB EXAM : HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
Since the exam is conducted online and online mode is the only way to fill the application form, given below are some basic steps that need to be followed.
- You need to visit the official website of IIBF and first apply for membership.
- Fill the necessary information and upload the documents asked as per range mentioned.
- You are required to login with your personal membership number and password.
- Check the data and information carefully before submission of JAIIB Application Form .
- You are required to make payment of application/registration fee .
JAIIB 2021 : EXAMINATION FEE
|First Attempt fee||Rs 2,700/-|
|Second Attempt fee||Rs 1,300/-|
|Third Attempt fee||Rs 1,300/-|
|Fourth Attempt fee||Rs 1,300/-|
Plus GST as applicable**
Mode of Payment – Credit/Debit card , Net Banking
JAIIB 2021 DATES
- Principles & Practices of Banking –
- Accounting & Finance for Bankers –
- Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking –
** Dates will be announced very soon for May and November 2021
JAIIB 2021 : EXAM PATTERN
JAIIB exam pattern is laid out by the IIBF itself. As per the JAIIB selection process candidates have to undergo-
- A written exam comprising three papers each of 100 marks carrying 120 questions (approximately).
- The exam is conducted in Online mode and questions will be MCQ type.
- There is no provision on Negative marking.
- Candidates have to complete the exam in 2 hours
- JAIIB exam is bilingual i.e. both in English and Hindi Language.
PASSING CRITERIA :-
- Minimum marks for pass in the subject is 50 out of 100
- Candidates not able to pass examination within stipulated time period of two years are required to re-enroll themselves afresh. Such candidates will not be granted credit/s for subject/s passed, if any, earlier.
- Time limit of 2 years will start from the date of application for first attempt. Attempts will be counted irrespective of whether a candidate appears for any examination or otherwise.
TIME LIMIT FOR PASSING THE EXAMINATION –
The candidates who are going to appear for the JAIIB exam need to take note that there is a time limit to qualify the exam. If the candidates do not qualify the exam within the given time limit then they will have to enroll themselves for the exam again. The time limit for the exam is two years and there will be a total of 4 attempts as the exam is conducted twice a year i.e. in the month of May and in the month of November. The exam is conducted on Sundays only.
After the enrolment, if the candidates take the attempt or leaves it, it will be counted as an attempt.
Please Note: The list of examination centers for JAIIB 2021 will be provided in the JAIIB online application form.